Saturday, 31 January 2015
Jim Tcl version 0.76
ANNOUNCE: Jim Tcl version 0.76
Jim Tcl 0.76 has been released and is available from:
Find out all about Jim Tcl at http://jim.tcl.tk/
CHANGES SINCE VERSION 0.75
This release contains some bug fixes plus a number of additional features. A summary is below. See git for the full changelog.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
Bugs fixed in version 0.76
file- fix stat file size for large files
array- avoid crash on unset variable
exec, file` - set umask before mkstemp
file copy- use binary mode when reading and writing files (Windows)
glob- work when intermediate dirs are not readable, and other fixes
- aio - fix conflict between onexception and writable
namespace- restore namespace import support
alias- don’t rely on internal list never shimmering
- Fix various minor problems reported by coverity
Features added in version 0.76
exec, file - respect $TMPDIR
aio- optional argument addrvar for accept.
string cat(TIP #429)
file- add support for
info- add support for
info source ?filename line?
- Better script validation (e.g. missing trailing brackets)
- Install tcltest compatibility package
- Some invalid scripts will now throw an error rather than silently executing
globis more Tcl-compatible with respect to
-tails, so may affect some scripts
- The output of errorInfo has changed from
"Runtime Error: <file>:<line>: ..."to
"<file>:<line>: Error: ..."
Steve Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
comments powered by Disqus